Thursday Apr 06, 2023
Samson Magid, Co-Founder and CEO of HealthSnap: Over $12 Million Raised to Build the Future of Remote Patient Monitoring
In today's episode of Category Visionaries, we speak with Samson Magid, Co-founder and CEO of HealthSnap, a remote patient monitoring platform for chronic condition management that's raised over $12 Million in funding, about why the time has come for a whole new approach to long-term health and wellbeing. Breaking with the established ‘fee for service’ model that prioritizes products and services over health outcomes, HealthSnap provides real time monitoring, notifications, and coordination services to make sure patients get the care and support they need for chronic conditions.
We also speak about Samson’s background in the exercise science and nutrition space, why he decided to forgo medical school to start an entrepreneurial journey with HealthSnap, how the US healthcare system found itself spending trillions of dollars on chronic conditions without delivering on outcomes, and how covid became a forcing function for the rise of the remote health industry.
- Samson’s educational background in the exercise science and nutrition space
- Why Samson decided to forgo medical school to go on a startup adventure with HealthSnap
- Why health and wellbeing is a marathon, not a sprint, and how Samson makes sure to take care of himself
- How the US found itself spending trillions of dollars to treat preventable, chronic conditions but without delivering much in the way of outcomes
- The ‘fee for service’ structure at the heart of contemporary healthcare’s systematic challenges
- Why the biggest challenge for HealthSnap is convincing physicians to change the way they practice medicine
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.